Nick Cave, and the end of my marriage



"He used to be a character, now he's real." That's what my friend K said about Nick Cave when I told her I'd developed an obsession with him and his more recent work. (As an aside, it was the affair I was having with K, along with my cocaine use and ongoing mental health issues that contributed to the end of my marriage). 

But Nick represents something very spiritual to me. When I listen to his music, like the one linked above, I feel a sense of transcendence, an overarching love and acceptance for the broad cloth that is humanity. It transports me; he is a modern-day preacher, bringing his tribe together for a glimpse of a higher truth. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pleasure Principle

Black beads, Hendrix and why we forget what we loved

West Head, a VW and a message from God